Friday, April 8, 2011

Script Frenzy! And New Novel!

My script is going well. My goal, as I said before, it 150 pages, if not more. I've gotten 37 pages right now.
I also changed the names of the characters since their original names from that dream I had were really weird.
"Joey" is "Aaron" now, as you know, and has changed completely, and "Libya" is "Lydia". Because Libya is a place, and it would seem a little odd for me to name her that... So Lydia is waaaaaay better.
I had planned to change their names, yes, but I haven't settled on a new one for Lonri. I might keep it like that, who knows?
Anyway, that aside...

New novel! I mentioned in a past post about Tara Cleaver, the sassy captain of a pirate ship, right? Well, the plot's changed a bit and I'm writing it right now.
Tara is the the daughter of William Cleaver, the original captain of The Primal Red. He died in a battle and Tara took his place at a young age.
Tara absolutely does not have it rough! She has every one of the pirates under her thumb because no matter how small she is and no matter the fact she's only twenty in the present, she can be SCARY, and she's a very capable person. If a pirate starts to doubt her or be a jerk, BAM! Submit or you're going overboard!
Needless to say, Tara Cleaver is quite the control freak. Eventually all of the pirates learned to trust and cooperate with her like she was an equal, and she reduced the madness-level, but is still very bossy and snappish.
I've written as far as her falling overboard The Primal Red during a hurricane, and is found on the beach of a coastal village in Bleumir, which is in Tiada, where all of those fish-finned people with noses and gills live.
The novel has a name; "The Pirates of Bleumir Bay". It might be temporary, since I'm thinking of changing it to "The Primal Red", since the plot can eventually circle around Tara's father's secrets and why the ship was named that. Yeah, that sounds pretty interesting! Or it could be a series or a trilogy or something of the sort and it could be "The Pirates of Bleumir Bay: The Primal Red", then "The Pirates of Belumir Bay: Something-or-another". Maybe. Or just a single book, like "ELDENDOR: The Rise of Dagria". But then again, that has a prequel, so that makes more sense. Ooh, what if I made a prequel to "The Pirates of Bleumir Bay"?!
It's considerable. For now, I'm going to focus on writing this novel and change it's title later depending on what I settle on.

Also! Did you know that a lot of these novels I write hold heroes from the guardian's lands? For an example:
"Lirin Bahonan" has Lirin, the hero of Evagren, and also the guardian and queen, Lukamakari.
"ELDENDOR: The Rise of Dagria" has Almanzo, the hero of Eldendor, and also the guardian and king, Eldendor himself.
"The Pirates of Bleumir Bay"/"The Primal Red" has possibly Bernard, and also Nanatiada, the guardian and queen.

Gardia appears in various novels. He shows up in "ELDENDOR: The Rise of Dagria" and that (still) nameless Takuna novel the most, but might only be mentioned in "Lirin Bahonan".

"The Dawnwolf" is the only novel set in Tanakosk. Lirin Bahonan's friends are sent there during the War of the Mask, and it's mentioned in a few other novels, but not much.
Rutorra is in both "Lirin Bahonan" and "ELDENDOR: The Rise of Dagria", as well as that Takuna novel, too.
 It might possibly be in "The Pirates of Bleumir Bay" too.
Anyway, I'm just rambling, here. I'm going to head off and write in that script some more, now.

Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment