Monday, September 20, 2010

Different NaNoNovel...

I'm thinking over a new idea I have. It's set in ancient China and the Main Character is FEMALE!!! :O YAY!
Her name is Feng, but I don't have a last name for her...
Anyway, she has an ability to switch from human to wolf, which the Emperors don't know about and she isn't quite sure she wants to tell them.
I'm not quite certain of the plot, but that's just the basics.
Anyway, Feng is pretty nice, and the is very patient and smiles a lot. She doesn't really have any past regrets since her childhood was pretty good.
Alas...
I need to go look up more on ancient China, and I'm not used to writing in our world...
Ah, well. XD Homeschool!
Anyway! I'm certain I'll do a good job and not overdo it like everyone else seems to... that I've read about.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the comment removal.

    Most of my books are set in South America, the Guyana-Venezuela border. My current book is set amidst Venezuela, though the main character lives in Guyana.

    I could give some tips about China, though you may already know stuff about them.
    1. If you need help setting a place, the capital is Beijing/Peking ( http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fd/China_Beijing.svg/250px-China_Beijing.svg.png ), while the most populous is Shanghai ( http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/76/China_Shanghai.svg/705px-China_Shanghai.svg.png ).
    2. A cultural signature of China is robes with chinese lettering, and buns and knots in the hair, occasional makeup. But this is used in festivals, and not many women wear it on casual times.
    3. Environment is important, though making a chinese simulation is not going to be adequate for a decent story book. Population is skyhigh and the laws are kinda crazy, though china in real life is really messed up. For a decent story-book try making it much like america, only with the different genes and cultures.
    4. I bet you know this but everyone born to China have dark hair and darker skin tones than whites, and lighter tones than blacks (No, I'm not racist!), though if this bothers you perhaps you should leave these details out.
    5. Most of china is like new york, and worse if it's Beijing, Shanghai or some big cities.

    Hope that helps!

    -Meco_Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, Meco, you didn't need to go through all of that for me. XD
    I will keep this information in consideration! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete