Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"The Dawnwolf" Second Edit (Last Half): Plot Holes!

MORE PLOT HOLES... AND WRITER'S BLOCK! You probably know just how irksome and frustrating this is!
That whole chain of events/scenes I mentioned in my previous post are giving me sass, grief, and no kind of relief!
So, let me just vent here a moment:
Either way, my new and old scenes just don't work. There's a huge problem; Mori goes to check up on his family after all this time and there's a tornadic disaster, but I need to get him moving back to the quest without making it too soon or putting it off too long. Both scenes leading up to this have one of these problems.
I could make it so that the twister doesn't come, perhaps, and he just goes and visits and acknowledges the grim conditions everything and everyone is in, but at the same time I don't see a point. However, if I don't make it happen at all, well, it's kind of necessary that I do, let's say, because he can't go the whole journey without at least checking up on the once. But there needs to be something that happens and a darn good reason for it.
I could also just stick to what I'm doing now and  have Mori and his friends take the family to a new place for the time being. Or, I could make the tornado rip up other parts of the field (which would scare Mori when he first arrives into thinking his family befell a terrible fate) but when he checks in, he sees the house is still standing. There are multiple possibilities, but all of them have holes somewhere...

I may have to put off the release date again, I'm afraid, because I need to take a break from this novel so that I can restore my motivation and brainstorm outside of it. There's an earlier problem I need to fix, too, which requires some though.
It's all right; I still have until the end of June. I just figured I'd be completely done by May 1st, but, something's come up, so we'll see.

Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment