Thursday, April 19, 2012

"The Dawnwolf" Second Edit: Back on the Job! + Word Of The Day & Belated Character Of The Week

I'd like a good round of applause, audience. The curtain was closed for some time, but now the performance has been resumed.
Voila-- behold! I overcame the harder, more important writer's block and I'm back on the job! It is ON.
The drawing I've done for the cover image is complete, with the exception of a few touch-ups I may do before uploading it an assembling it. Painting the image was a good idea, but I think I like this better. Painting will be saved for NEXT TIME. Oh, yes; "Noctivagous" will have a creepy painting as the cover image. Yeah, I've decided that "Noctivagous" will be this year's NaNoWriMo novel. It's development has improved, but I will launch into it completely once "The Dawnwolf" is out the door.
Here's a cool fact; the new novel is ever so slightly inspired by the fairytale "Beauty and the Beast" in its own unique way. It's going to be pretty cool, let me tell you.
Well, now that I'm out of the bind, there isn't all that much left to do in this second edit before I move on. I will be, more than likely, sticking with the third person narrative. First person looked too perplexing in the introduction.
Here's your Word Of The Day:

Inscrutable:
Difficult to fathom or understand; impenetrable.

And, forgive me for almost forgetting this week, the Character Of The Week:

Jonah the Rapucal:
Jonah is a rapucal; an odd, feline-reptile-mixed creature with the body and head of a cat and the legs and tail of a lizard. He in particular has a medium-dark brown coat and green legs and tail and a strong, muscular build.
He is heroic and courageous like every hero, but he really is quite a goof. He's serious one moment and joking the next. He an adult and a prized veteran who works at a place called "The Hero Station" which is, as it suggests, an organization of people and creatures considered as "heroes" who display their heroic acts by taking on rescue missions and the like. Often they are summoned to war.
He is, in fact, one of my first characters. He was the protagonist in many of my first stories, such as "Jonah, Friends & Enemies" (It was originally "Jonah, Frends & Enumes" until I was corrected. Please tell me you've already figured out that I was very young when I first wrote these...)


Ciao!
Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment