Monday, February 13, 2012

Editing "The Dawnwolf" + Character Of The Week & Word Of The Day

Hey, sorry I haven't posted in a while-- I've been taking a much-needed small break from editing my novel, you see. If you're editing one of your own right now, I highly recommend that you take breaks yourself.
So far, I've redone the first, introductory scene in "The Dawnwolf". It flows much easier than the first one, I'll have you know, but I'll still go over it again later.
I'm still trying to find a name to replace my antagonist's slapped-on, out-of-place name-- no offense to you if your name happens to be Adolphus! If it is, well, you just won an award.
Moving on, there are some other interesting changes that I plan to make, such as some character conflict that wasn't there before, and some changes in the character's personalities and manner of speech.
The description and emotion in the book could use some work as well.
I'll probably pick back up in a week, so you won't hear much from me in the meantime. I'll try to post more writing tips and words consistently until something good comes up!

With that out of the way, here's your new Character Of The Week!
Who is, in fact:

Zard
Zard is an elf sorcerer from the Dark World of Jadina. He was a main villain in (my) MUCH older stories, but never surfaced in a real novel. He has light purple-tinged skin, dark, shoulder-length purple hair, and red eyes.
He has a mild nature, oddly enough, but on the contrary, has a rather savage and vicious side. He's also terribly emotional.
He excels greatly in magic, so if he's unpredictable whether you'll be burned to a crisp or frozen to death upon distressing him...

Okay, that was unexpected... Here's your Word Of The Day:

Thanksgiving:
The act of giving thanks.

Wolf 


No comments:

Post a Comment