Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 8: Editing "The Dawnwolf"

It's looking pretty good for me so far. According to my calculations, it should take anywhere from 32-35 days to finish the first edit of "The Dawnwolf".
This is just the cleanup. The second edit is where the new scenes get written up and the old ones get moved around... and so on.
Today marks my eighth day of editing, and thus it has been a week and one day. I actually have yet to begin editing my scene/s for today, but I'll get to that after this post.
Taking it this slowly keeps you from getting burnt out from your own novel too fast! Waiting a while after you've finished the first draft is wise, too; one, you'll see more flaws that you can fix, and two, you won't be sick of it anymore. Hopefully.
So! You'll probably see my novel selling on CreateSpace and Amazon sometime in late March or early April, but it all depends on how things turn out.
Outside of the manuscript itself, I'm nearly set for the self-publication. The cover image has been outlined and I found my white paint, but I just need to order it when I get the chance. Yeah!!

I'm taking a teensy break from "LB:WOM" again. AGAIN. I hate to do it, but I need to focus on just one thing right now.
Actually, I can work on several things at once, but I'd rather not... I might end up continuing in it anyway, though. We'll see.

Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment