Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

If you ran out of Halloween candy, good luck with making the pumpkin pie last longer. I have a family to keep me in line...cough...I mean share it with.
I have loads of things to be thankful for today, and even every other day. Too many things to list, but from the writer's perspective, I'd say I'm most thankful for...um, pumpkin pie. Sorry, that's all I can seem to think about today!
Happy Thanksgiving, NaNoers! If its the 22nd, that means we only have a little over a week left of the challenge! I need to get 24-23k done. But it's entirely possible. I'm at 36,729 at this very moment. I'm supposed to hit 38,936 today.Yes...I'm the writer who almost never sleeps. Figuratively speaking.
So guess what! I've made some major changes to my novel. Axle is now the bassist, since he claims to know how to play bass guitar as well. He does the job well, but as Sonja says, "the fact that he's also a background vocalist and my assistant songwriter makes him less disposable than most bassists." Ouch.
He's still skilled at guitar, but I remembered Sonja needed a bassist more than a third guitarist, since she plays guitar herself for some songs. Alongside that, some of their ages have changed, but not much.
You probably already peeked ahead, but I whipped up the cover image for my novel just the other day. Have another look!

Copyrighted Content. All rights reserved.

I have to admit it's quite lovely. I'll make a few more changes to it before the project is published (which will probably be sometime in the middle of next year) but I like it right now. Almost looks exactly like what I had in mind!

Here's the link to my novel's Facebook page. And by the way, let me know if I need to get a Twitter, if that's more convenient for all of you viewers:


My encouragement today is...be thankful for every word you write, because each is closer to the last. Not saying you'll die before it's done. Please don't. I'm saying you're gonna finish if you push yourself! I know this from doing it 4 years in a row, and longer with projects outside of NaNoWriMo.

I have one last thing to say. Guys really like pumpkin pie. This is not relationship advice, it's a scientific fact, with a few exceptions.
Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment