Monday, March 26, 2012

"The Dawnwolf" Second Edit (Near the Halfway Mark) + Word Of The Day & Character Of The Week

I technically have 14 chapters, so that would mean that the halfway mark would be at chapter 7. I just finished editing the first scene in chapter 6 (the longest scene in the novel, I might add) today, so that means I am, indeed, almost there. Just two scenes below 1,000 words to do tomorrow in order to reach the midway point!
So far, there's 57,006 words! HECK, YEAH!
The major changes don't begin until the second half of the book, so I haven't been able to write any new scenes for a while.
I'm really looking forward to getting it formatted into the main manuscript, soon. That's the fun part.
Ah, but that reminds me! My previous release date predictions were accurate; "The Dawnwolf" will be published in early May! I'll be sure and post the direct link to where you find it; Amazon and the CreateSpace website, no doubt. While I won't pester, beg or whine at you to buy it, your purchase would be appreciated! The royalties that go to me won't be spent frivolously. I don't know if I'll get much, anyway, but that's all right. ^_____^
Word Of The Day!:

Resplendent:
Attractive and impressive through being richly colorful or sumptuous.


And the Character Of The Week:

Pentagore (Lord Shadowfang's Henchman):
Pentagore is a bizarre sort of two-legged monster with clawed feet and bat-like wings branching from his arms. His head is pentagon-shaped, with a darker colored pentagon on it and another the same color as the rest of his head within that. The pentagon at the end of his long tail is identical to his face, only smaller.
His entire body is bright red and dark red, split down the middle, and the colors inside of his wings oppose each other.
He hisses while he talks, has a rather creepy, sneaky, sly and ill-mannered nature. He appears in the past when Lirin uses the Golden Chronicle to take himself to the point where Lord Shadowfang first terrorized Evagren.
While not a major character, Pentagore certainly causes a lot of trouble for the protagonist. Well, not for long; he only lasts a scene or two before his untimely demise.
He's introduced in the second book of the "Lirin Bahonan" series, "The Legend of Tanakosk".

Whew, took me forever to come up with a character for this week. Don't know why, if I have so many of them. XP

Wolf


2 comments: