Monday, March 12, 2012

"The Dawnwolf" Second Edit + Word Of The Day & Character Of The Week

Breakthrough! I had gotten stuck in chapter two because I was trying to figure out how Mori was going to find out that the Dawnwolf's name was Albira (since she doesn't talk; therefore she can't simply introduce herself like Bain or Timber in the "Lirin Bahonan" series), but then I decided to state in the beginning that everyone knew it at once time, but in the present day, very few did. Mori's one of them, only because the name was passed down and remembered by his ancestors.
That's the gist of it! One less problem I have to think about.
I might be done with chapter two today if I go ahead and clean up the last half of this scene and the last two scenes. I won't push it too hard, since I have to finish writing an article on editing soon, because the deadline is on Wednesday! It had completely slipped my mind!
No worries, though; I already wrote it out. All I have to do is finish editing it, and then send it in. It's cool.

Now for your Word Of The Day!

Ostentatious:
Marked by or fond of conspicuous or vainglorious and sometimes pretentious display.
(*Cough, cough* Lenora Midnight... *cough, cough*)

Character Of The Week...

Lord Shadowfang (The Ragebeast):
Lord Shadowfang is a massive, dark, menacing dragon with coal-black scales and long, spiny spikes that cluster on his head and run down his back to the end of his spade-tipped tail. His eyes are glowing and blood red, much like the crisscrossing star-like markings on both shoulders, which pulsate with his head beat, and his claws and lips.
He has a terrible temper and is very violent; merciless to his foes. Being the very embodiment of a horrible power called Rage, he is prone to rampages and constantly plots to take over Evagren and to wipe out the Bahonan bloodline that began with the man who sealed him away long ago.
He's the main antagonist of the first two "Lirin Bahonan" books.


Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment