Friday, October 21, 2011

Midori Ookami: Sacred Artifacts

As I promised, I'm going to be posting today about the different artifacts/weapons in "Midori Ookami"!
There are six total:

The Golden Mirror of Takamagahara: Midori's mirror artifact/weapon. This mirror was rumored to be enshrined in a great temple within the High Plain of the Heavens, until it was shattered into three pieces.
Each stray piece represents a different thing; courage and loyalty, wisdom and honor, and then strength and warrior spirit. All combined, it creates the complete mirror once more, with the ability to smite the evil encroaching upon the land of Nippon.

 The Broken Sun Annihilator: Kurayami's mirror artifact/weapon. It was once the "Eight Hand Mirror", a sacred artifact enshrined within a certain place in Takamagahara, but Kurayami took it and shattered its face, combining some of Amaterasu's stolen power within it as well as her own to create the Broken Sun Annihilator, and thus made it hers to keep.

Sword of Storms: Kai (Midori's sister)'s sword artifact/weapon. It's a large, long, curve-edged blade, rumored to have one belonged to the storm god, Susano-o. It has the ability to summon storms by merely pointing it to the skies and uttering a brief prayer.

Dragon's Roar: Kenta (Midori's brother)'s sword artifact/weapon. A gigantic, ragged-edged blade that was enshrined at the Temple of Chie to protect Ougon City from disaster, until Kenta took it.
The sword is capable of bursting into flames with one violent swing.

Beads of the Sun: Akai (and later Akane)'s bead-strand artifact/weapon. This strand of polished, red magatama beads represents the heat and light of the sun, and is rumored to have been the sun goddess' necklace.

Fangs of a Fallen Beast: Yoru's bead-strand artifact/weapon. A strand of sharp fang beads that once belonged to a vicious beast, imbued with powerful darkness. It was given to Yoru by Kurayami.

...And that's all of them! You'll find more details about how they all came to be and how all of the characters got them when... you read the book
Sorry, I'm thinning out the spoilers as much as I can. I guarantee you that this novel will be entirely possible to obtain once I start selling it on Amazon/CreateSpace, if I decide to do so.

See you, bro!
Wolf

2 comments:

  1. Hm, do you care to shoot me a copy of one of your novels? (preferably the first one, if you are willing to let me see it, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first novel? ...No, I'm afraid it really isn't properly presentable... as for any others, I'm still working on them all, but when I get around to editing and revising them, that's when you can read them.(I don't show people unfinished works unless I need help, and even so, I haven't needed any. XD)
    However, you'll definitely be able to read this NaNoWriMo novel of mine when it's finished, because I plan to start editing/revising it in January.
    So, the short answer would be; yes, but you'll have to wait some time.

    -Wolf

    ReplyDelete