Saturday, February 12, 2011

You know what happens when you put off work for too long?

It starts piling up. Or people question you. But in my case, it's piling up. Oh, busy, busy writer. Hum!
So, here's what's tricks...
First off, I'm writing a "comic" based off of the chapter in "Lirin Bahonan: Rising Rage", the one where he wakes on an island in wolf form, having just received the Mask. He meets Lukamakari here, too. Just felt like making it for the fun of it. XD I've gotten the front page and the first page gone.

Second, I'm idly writing in a novel about the Ancients, which will be relatively serious and full of stuffy, great creatures of all shapes and sizes. The Ancients are, as I might have said once before, the embodiments of numerous powers needed in order to maintain their planet, Crichianadiie.
There are 19 total, if not more. I counted them all, but I'm not sure if I'm missing one.
Anyway, the plot of that novel is maintaining order in the world as the ancient of Death and Darkness, whom had turned his back on Takuna, the Ancient of Time and Light (and also the boss), rises with evil power and attempts to take over everything.
Although much blood will be shed, it is Takuna's plans to restore him to normal and rid him of the evil that he had seen in the hearts of men, not kill him.

Lastly, I came up with this idea probably sometime last year, but it developed more just yesterday; it's about Kellyn McAllister and Vallin Bahonan... and their life in the Evaran Military. Every chapter it switches their perspectives, starting with Kellyn, since Vallin doesn't join until later. I dunno if it's gonna be a log book or an actual story, but I'm leaning toward an actual story.
Being far different than today's military, this is set more in a Medieval time line, but with some other unusual aspects as well that wouldn't otherwise be seen in the regular past military.
Since the rules and routines are different here, it shouldn't be too hard, but I need to look up on the ranks and see which ones are which, and which are better suited for who, because I'm a little lost on that!
I know that there's General Conall Wolvern, and there's also Lieutenant Kay Winston, but what will Kellyn and Vallin be? Vallin will start off a beginner, obviously, whatever rank that is (a private?) and Kellyn will start at something a little higher, as she is deemed worthy for certain reasons...
So, since I've got other novel plans right now, these ones will wait until later, as one of them requires a bit of research, and the previous one isn't reeeeallly mandatory, but just for the fun of it. (The one about the Ancients, I mean)
Speaking of Lieutenant Winston, back when I made him up, I had no idea what a Lieutenant was; to me, it was  just some military person that was low on the list. But upon closer look, I now see that needs work. XD
I don't have any plans for joining the military, so I kind of ignored it... Until now. Haha. You'll be laughing at me now, but I'll figure it out at some point!

Signing out!
Wolf

3 comments:

  1. But really... Writers don't normally come up with completely developed ideas in just two days or less. It might just take a month or so before all of the scattered pieces are put together...
    Sure, there are some cases where I'll leap right into a novel and it goes incredibly well, and also some times where I develop a novel for a month, or a few years, even, and I just get stuck in the middle of it!
    You don't always have to plan ahead. You just keep going, even if it means more development after the novel's been written, and that's where editing and revision comes in.

    -Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm, wolf, it was medieval,then there wouldn't be ranks like lieutenant and private...more along the lines of sir, lord, baron, ya get the point? ;)
    this might be slightly unhelpful NOW, but ok well...i just had to put my 2-pence worth in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my I didn't see any of your comments here. I ought to check more often.
    I'm actually no longer going to write this novel, but thanks for the advice. XD

    Sure, but I suppose you could use either. After all, this is a different world!
    But you did remind me; I do need to look into the medieval ranks a bit more, then decide from there which one is better.

    -Wolf

    ReplyDelete