Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NANOWRIMO, PEOPLE!

Yes, people, I'm posting this on the 2nd and telling you that NaNoWriMo started.... yesterday.
So, let me tell you a bit about my novel! Like I said before, this one replaced "Midori Ookami", and it's called "The Dawnwolf", and I finished its air-hanging, plot-holed development in the last three days of October. It's still a little unorganized, since I have other things I'm doing as well, but I'll get it in order. I wrote my disorganized summary on my NaNoWriMo profile, too... I can do better. I was tired:


In the distant land of Tanakosk, a young elven boy named Mori lives with his family on a large farm in Kattiro field. Here, it is known to all of the farmers that a small wolf (known as the Dawnwolf) comes at the first light of sunrise to awaken them to a new day with her melodious cry.
However, their peaceful lives are soon to come to a swift end; a terrible plague is spreading among the people, and with it, an oncoming famine is making everything worse... soon, even the Dawnwolf retreats and howls no more.
One day, while Mori is out playing by himself in the woods by Dawn Hill, he discovers the Dawnwolf laying starving and wounded by a stream, and takes her in immediately, but keeps it a secret from everyone else. Healing her injuries and feeding her with scraps from his lacking yet sustaining meals, he nurses her back to health in a matter of days, and eventually names her "Albira".
Alas, the secret doesn't stay for long; a rumor starts spreading that Albira is responsible for the famine, that she's been killing and destroying crops and livestock, and before long, Mori's older brother, Ven, discovers the Dawnwolf. Mori stops him just in time before he attempts to shoot her with his rifle, and he is stubborn, refusing to let Ven harm her, and frees Albira and lets her flee.
After this, a cloud falls over the family, and eventually the plague encroaches upon them and afflicts Mori's parents and his little sister, Eve. 

He makes the astounding decision to leave their care in his brother's hands and determinedly sets off to find the cure. He finds Albira again and sets off for town, where he meets an odd young man, a banjoist named Luther, who tells him he's heard a rumor about a rare flower known to be a cure-all, which grows in Alumea, a far forest in northwest Tanakosk. He insists on accompanying Mori, and the three of them agree to cooperate together, and thus, set off across the land.
But Mori will experience the unimaginable, and face his worst fears... and things don't turn out to be nearly as easy as he thought.


Too long, eh? Also not very exciting. -_-
This is a pretty bad summary, but you get the gist of it, I suppose. I'll write a better one when I have time to spare...
I'll post the characters tomorrow and keep you updated with spoiler-free sneak peeks at my novel!

Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment